A driving force behind our company and commitment to our products is our desire to provide you with a deodorant that is completely harm free. The amount of chemicals and synthetics in cosmetics these days is staggering.
For example, some of the many common synthetics found in deodorants today are1:
- Isopropyl Alcohol: This is a poisonous substance used in antifreeze. Inhalation or ingestion of this vapor may cause many side effects such as headaches, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, mental depression, narcosis and coma.
- Propylene Glycol: Also an active component in antifreeze. Dermatitis, kidney damage, liver abnormalities, and rashes can occur when it contacts the skin.
- Imidazolidinyl Urea and DMDM Hydantoin – These chemicals can trigger heart palpitations, joint pain, allergies, depression, headaches, chest pains, chronic fatigue, dizziness and loss of sleep. They are commonly used in many antiperspirants.
- Parabens - Has an estrogenic activity in human breast cancer cell cultures.
- Fragrance – Used in most deodorants. Many are carcinogenic or toxic. The term “Fragrance” can indicate the presence of up to 4,000 separate ingredients, most of which are synthetic. It may also cause headaches, dizziness, rashes, skin discoloration, violent coughing and vomiting, and allergic skin irritation. May also affect the central nervous system.
Why These Chemicals Are so Dangerous in Deodorants
All of these chemicals are harmful in the form of a deodorant because when applied to the skin it gets directly absorbed into the bloodstream. Toxins and harmful chemicals then accumulate in the body and in the long run damage your health. It is particularly worrisome for women as many studies indicate how deodorants may be a contributor to breast cancer. In a study indicated in “Dark Side of Fragrances,” the most common group of chemicals that are used in deodorants today has been detected in human breast cancer tissue2.
How We Aim to Help
At Crystalline, we eliminate all chemicals and synthetics completely and leave you with a natural crystallized salt composed of Ammonium Alum. No more worrying about harmful ingredients and all the side effects they cause. Try our deodorants today and see how they may benefit you.
1. Kimbrel, Stacy. "Harmful or Carcinogenic Ingredients in Our Skin Care." Living Anointed. Web.
1. Brechbill, Glen. "Dark Side of Frangrances." N.p: The Perfumer. Web.
Note: This information has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to treat, cure or diagnose any condition. For informational purposes only.